I’m starting out very simply with basic tools to put my thoughts out into the internet. I figured to go back to the basics I should also keep the tools to write simple. For those that are curious here is my simple setup:
- Ghost - This is a flat file markdown based blog platform (Keeping it Simple)
- OpenShift - Free hosting ready to scale
- Pexels - Free and good looking imagery (when it’s not taken by me)
- Evernote - Powerful yet simple notes used to write up thoughts
- Cloudflare - Cache and speed site load time (A bit overkill but who knows I could need it someday)
I still have some theme work to do and figure out how best to streamline the process. So far I like this setup as it makes page load fast, and very easy to backup and update.